Monday, March 4, 2013

Candy Bow Ties

My son is celebrating his 15th birthday with a few friends this weekend. Jake & his friends are obsessed with Dr. Who & he is asking for a Dr. Who themed dessert table. Of course, I have only a few days to put this together & Can I just say there is nothing out there with Dr. Who?

For those of you who aren't familiar with Dr. Who, he is famous for his bow ties. So I thought to make a candy bow tie. I found this great tutorial from Hilary makes where she creates bow ties out of fruit roll ups. I used red fruit by the foot & each roll up made 3 bow ties. I think they turned out great!

Wouldn't these be perfect for Father's Day, little man parties, formal events-the options are endless! Linked to: Skip to my Lou & Lil'Luna

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

They look yummy! I think I might have the "painting" done by the day of the party..... keep on working, grandma!