Friday, March 30, 2012

How To Make Your Own Beverage Basket

I don't know about you I do not like to look at a cooler at a party. For me, coolers are for camping. I saw this rattan basket beverage cooler & loved the look of it but not for $99. I then thought to myself, why don't I just make my own?


I went to Target yesterday and found this cute Smith & Hawken basket on sale for $24.99. It has a large capacity & cute chalkboard tag so I picked it up.


I then went over & found this plastic tub for $4.99. They come in several fun colors but I selected black because I wanted the liner not to be the focus.


I then placed the liner inside the basket & it was a perfect fit. I like the rubber/plastic because it holds all the moisture in, leaving no condensation on the basket.


I then filled it with ice, drinks & we were ready to PARTY! I forgot to buy chalk but I added a few stickers to the tag for fun!


This DIY project cost me only $30 with a savings of $69! AND the best part is, I like my basket better! The handles make it easier to carry & it has double the amount of space as the expensive version!

Linked to: Celebrations at Home

1 comment:

Wendy said...

That is such a fabulous idea! I am definitely stealing this idea for our next cook out...