Monday, June 28, 2010

Watermelon Sours Keg

Watermelon is a "mandatory" treat for the 4th with our family. This year, I am adding these Watermelon Sours to our celebration for the adults!



To make a watermelon keg, cut a lid for the top & scoop out all the fruit. Drill a hole near the bottom & then use a knife to widen the hole until it is slightly smaller than the keg shank. Attach the shank & fill with your cocktail. You can find the kits for around $30.00 at kegworks.com

Watermelon Sours Recipe
Puree 4 cups watermelon chunks; strain. Stir in 4 ounces Alize Red Passion or other fruit-flavored liqueur, 8 ounces gin and 2 cups sour mix; chill. Add sparkling rose before serving. Garnish with lime. Makes 10 to 12 drinks

What are you making for the 4th?

(from Food Network.com)

3 comments:

Sweet Touch Events said...

This might be something we will need to add in too. My husband loves watermelon and I am sure he would love this. I am not a drinker. But I am sure if I made it he would just love this. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

omg love!!!

Ingrid said...

What a cute idea!!