Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Cowgirl Birthday Y'all

The Cisco Kid
Birthday Cowgirl
Corral for the Stick Pony Races


Cowboy gear
Shooting Gallery

Pony Rides for all

Cowboy Cookie favors
Recently, I helped my best friend Amber throw a COWGIRL party for her daughter's 3rd birthday! All the kids received bandannas, hats, and sheriffs badges upon their arrival. We set up a "shooting gallery"and had stick ponies for all the kids to gallop around. Amber rented the cutest pony for rides around their property. We had a cowboy cookout with hamburgers, hot dogs, beans, coleslaw, and all the fixing's' served on tin plates. The kids had sarsaparilla and we had Outlaw Punch for the grown ups, served in mason jars. We built a campfire and made yummy smores. There was horseshoes for the adults to play too. For decorations, we put up wanted posters of all the guests with names like the Lone Ranger, Cisco Kid, and Bonnie & Clyde. We had hay bales for guests to sit on, cow print tablecloths, bandanna napkins, and denim stitched plates. The table centerpieces were Christmas Cactus in galvanized buckets tied with bandanna ribbons and sheriff stars. The kids took home their cowboy gear, stick ponies, and cowboy cookies for their favors.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

So cute!! I am like a broken record here, but how can I get you out here to plan my life? And parties?? xoxo

nikki said...

unbelievable. what a cute, cute theme. great pics. im jealous. :)~

Laura said...

Sounds like a fun party. I remember giving my daugther a cowgirl theme party, but I'm in the city so I took them all to Horse Haven for horse riding & pictures, then back home for the cake, etc.

Happy SITS Share Fest!!

Heather said...

This is great! I'm already planning a cowgirl party for my daughter's birthday next year and definitely was inspired by your adorable party!

Thanks for sharing.